1) Think back to a person who helped you — that you were never able to thank.
2) In your story or pome, cast that person as the villain (omitting backstory or explanation for their “negative” actions).
3) Recall a person who harmed you, and never received their just punishment.
4) Cast that person as the hero or sympathetic protagonist.
5) Here’s the hard part. We know change, or the potential for change, must occur for there to be a sense of movement, purpose or meaning in our writing. Throughout your short piece, give these two characters the chance for change, but conclude with each remaining essentially positive or negative. Can you do it?