***7/5/16 UPDATE: The LGBTQ and Latinx scholarships have been awarded! Thank you to everyone who applied. We’re so happy to have you in our community. ***
Many voices were silenced last weekend in Orlando. In response, to empower voices in our community, and with support from an anonymous friend, Frequency Writers offers two scholarships to LGBTQ-identified writers and writers-to-be.
One scholarship is offered to an LGBTQ-identified individual aged 25 or younger.
One scholarship is offered to a Latinx and LGBTQ identified individual of any age.
Recipients will receive a scholarship covering the full cost of any Frequency class that takes place within the next year.
To apply send an email to Frequency with the following:
- NAME (we will only announce awardee names with your permission)
- PREFERRED PRONOUNS
- SCHOLARSHIP YOU ARE APPLYING FOR: LGBTQ YOUNG ADULT SCHOLARSHIP OR LGBTQ LATINX SCHOLARSHIP
- AGE (IF APPLYING FOR YOUNG ADULT SCHOLARSHIP)
- HOME ADDRESS
- EMAIL WHERE WE SHOULD CONTACT YOU
- Please attach a two page writing sample in any genre.
- Respond to the question: How will a scholarship benefit your writing life at this time?
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Frequency considers need-based partial scholarships on a rolling basis. Those applicants who are not selected for these particular scholarships will be considered in our general scholarship pool.