First of all, thank you for your interest in helping Frequency! As a non-profit organization we rely on support from our community! If you’re interested in donating money rather than (or in addition to!) time, please do so via our Support Frequency page, here.
OPEN POSITIONS: Please send cover letter and resume by February 22nd to firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Director: Oversees the daily operations of the organization while working independently and with stakeholders to plan Frequency’s long-term operational development. The Operations Director will work the Treasurer to compose and monitor the organization’s budget. They will also oversee the organization’s compliance, communications, marketing, space administration, and records and information management. With Artistic Director, creates and manages fundraising activities. This position is largely volunteer, with a possibility of a stipend. Work is done remotely, with 1-2 in-person board and staff meetings per month. Work time averages 6-10 hours per week. The ideal candidate will be local to Providence RI, have a passion for writing and community education, will be a thorough and organized administrator, and will be comfortable working with people of all ages and identities. Full job description here: Frequency Writers Operations Director full job description
Communications Assistant: helps to generate content for website, social media, and newsletter, manages website updates; familiarity with wordpress and paypal preferred, manages data for students, course registration, payment, and correspondence, table various events; approximately 4-5x per year, perform other administrative tasks as needed, team player as this position works closely with Artistic Director & Operations Director, mostly work from home; with occasional f2f meetings, 15-20 hrs per month with possible stipend.
We’re always looking for volunteers to help us with the following:
- Putting up our iconic typewriter posters
- Assisting with our events
- Spread the word about our classes
Current volunteer projects
- Do you like a good literary get-together? Join the Events Committee: Help plan our fall fundraiser and participate in our summer events!
- Do you like to celebrate the great writing going on in our community? Join the Publications Committee : Help review submissions, layout text, and arrange for the publishing of our upcoming anthologies.
- Have an idea you’d like to try out with Frequency?